Does anything say summer like S’mores? This recipe is so crazy easy that I’m not even sure it’s fair to call it a recipe. This version of S’mores has all of the basic ingredients: chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. While it has all the same ingredients, it’s served as a dip instead of a sandwich. In other words, it’s AMAZING!
The pan gets very hot in a 450 degree oven. Please remember to use oven mitts (on both hands!) and when you layer the chocolate and marshmallows, remember not to touch the sides of the pan.
This recipe is super easy and will be a huge hit with the kids.
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 large marshmallow, cut in half
- Graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in center position of oven. Preheat 8-inch cast iron skillet.
- With oven mitt, remove hot cast iron skillet from oven. Melt butter in hot pan, coating bottom and sides of pan.
- Pour chocolate chips into even layer in pan. Watch your fingers as pan is VERY hot.
- Top with halved marshmallows. Again, don't burn your fingers on the side of the pan when arranging marshmallows.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is melted.
- Using oven mitt, remove skillet from oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately with graham cracker squares.
The pan will be hot when you serve the dip. I leave the oven mitt on the handle as a reminder to guests that the pan is hot.