If you’ve ever wandered into one of the many Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory stores and were able to see beyond the stunning Caramel Apples, you may have lucked into tasting Avalanche Bark. It’s insanely addictive, intense, and leaves you wanting just one more bite.
There are certain tastes that immediately transport me back to a special time in my life. Avalanche Bark brings me back to the days of dating my husband. Early in our relationship, Doug introduced me to Aspen, Colorado and I fell in love with this stunning mountain town. Aspen became such an important place in our hearts that we ended up getting married there. It’s also the place I discovered Avalanche Bark on one of our late night strolls.
If you’ve never been to Aspen in the summer, picture Disneyland for people who like to be active. We spend our days hiking, biking, fishing, river rafting, and horseback riding. While Aspen in the winter has a reputation for being pretty fancy, our version of summer Aspen is more like dusty hiking boots and workout clothes.
The best part of our day is our late night strolls through town. This is where I discovered and fell in love with Avalanche Bark at The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. If a Rice Krispie Treat and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark had a baby, this would be it. Avalanche Bark is an amazing combination of everything I love: peanut butter, chocolate, white chocolate, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies.
My kids were first introduced to Avalanche Bark on the streets of Aspen and it was love at first bite. Now, we bring the taste of one our favorite places in the world into our very own kitchen. My kids are obsessed with Avalanche Bark. They love it and it’s always a big hit.
This recipe is super easy and takes no time. The hardest part is having the patience for the mixture to cool to room temperature so that you can throw the mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips in without them melting.
Enjoy one of our favorite treats!
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups Rice Krispies
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ miniature chocolate chips
- Line 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place miniature chocolate chips in a dish and place in freezer.
- Place white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in microwave according to white chocolate chip package directions. Mix together until combined and smooth.
- Stir in Rice Krispies. Set aside until mixture cools to room temperature.
- Once room temperature, stir in miniature marshmallows.
- Stir in miniature chocolate chips.
- Place mixture into prepared pan. Press into even layer.
- Let set in refrigerator.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares. Store in airtight container or in refrigerator.