Oreo Pudding is always a good idea! This is Lily’s annual birthday treat at school and when I’m serving a crowd, there is always a tray of Oreo Pudding on the buffet. This simple dessert is always a hit and delivers that 4th of July “Ooh” and “Aah” that bakers look for as a reaction. It’s a simple chocolate pudding with chocolate cookies mixed in throughout. Easy enough to make and a total crowd pleaser.
When I make this for Lily’s birthday treat, I double the recipe and use mini mason jars. It’s a pretty way to plate a dessert for both kids and adults. You can top with a layer of crushed Oreos or place a dollop of whipped cream on top of pudding, sprinkle with crushed cookies and maybe place a cookie right in the whipped cream!
Find mini mason jars here.
- 1 package JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1-8oz container of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 20 Oreos
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: additional whipped cream
- mini Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl, use whisk to beat pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely crush Oreos in food processor. Divide cookie crumbs in half.
- Stir COOL WHIP and ½ of the cookie crumbs into pudding mixture.
- Spoon into individual 6 ounce containers like a mini mason jar or plastic/glass cup.
- Top with remaining Oreos cookie crumbs. Place one mini oreo cookie on top of crumbs.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.