My 15 year old is completely obsessed with Monkey Bread. He begged me to learn how to make it for years. Finally, after many very average attempts and some epic failures, I finally found the end-all-be-all version. This recipe became an instant classic in my house and now makes appearances every time we host an event.
Monkey Bread is typically served as a whole cake but I love the idea of breaking it down into individual cupcakes. Each cupcake is packed with light-as-a-feather biscuits that serve as the most indulgent delivery service for each buttery-cinnamon-sugar bite. Get ready to make room for a new powerhouse dessert in your recipe box!
This completely dreamy dessert is the perfect indulgence for any occasion. I just love when something easy to make is off the charts delicious. These beautiful Monkey Bread Cupcakes are a huge hit at brunches, classroom treats, or any occasion where dessert is served.
You can spray a muffin pan and load up your dough but I prefer liners. I use cupcake liners called Tulip Liners because they are so pretty and make for a more dramatic presentation. The high walls of the paper tulip container hold the biscuits and butter combination perfectly.
Find Tulip Cupcake Liners here.
- 2 cans Grand Biscuits
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large plastic bag until thoroughly combined.
- Cut each biscuit into six even pieces.
- Add biscuits to sugar mixture in plastic bag. Coat each biscuit with mixture.
- Place 6-7 pieces biscuit into each muffin cup. Set aside.
- Melt butter and mix in brown sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil and lower heat. Cook for 2 minutes on low simmer while stirring.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of butter mixture over each muffin. If you have left over butter mixture, evenly distribute excess over muffins. Gently move biscuits around so that butter covers more than just the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are puffed up and golden brown. Remove from oven.
- When cool enough to touch, move muffins out of pan and onto cooling rack.