Breakfast Burritos may be the best thing to happen to my morning routine in years. They are the perfect “to-go” breakfast for busy weekday mornings and a huge hit on the weekends for a sleepover crowd.
This is a great make ahead breakfast. I make a big batch of Breakfast Burritos and freeze them for busy weekday mornings. We are out the door every morning by 7:15 am. There is little time for a proper breakfast but my kids still need to eat. I grab one of the personalized burritos, heat them up, and they have a perfect breakfast ready to go!
These burritos are easy to personalize for each member of the family. The great thing about setting up an assembly line of ingredients is that you can easily add in or leave out ingredients to your child’s liking. If one of your kids doesn’t eat cheese, skip it! Wrap up the burrito, label it (if freezing), and you have a great breakfast ready to go!
Set up the assembly line of ingredients.
Start layering ingredients.
Don’t overstuff the burrito or the tortilla will tear.
Don’t forget the salsa!
Here is a great recipe to get started making your new go-to breakfast.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 package bacon
- ½ cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked Tater Tots
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- salsa for serving (optional)
- Cook Tater Tots according to package directions. When done, set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon so that it's crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Make scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Warm flour tortillas in microwave until soft and pliable.
- Create an assembly line on your work space with tortillas, cheese, eggs, potatoes, and bacon.
- Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of grated cheese on tortilla.
- Place a ¼-1/2 cup of scrambled egg on top of cheese.
- Place 1-2 pieces of bacon on top of eggs.
- Top with 1-2 Tater Tots.
- Bring sides of tortilla over mixture. Roll burrito tightly from the bottom up.
- Repeat with other tortillas to make breakfast burritos.