We drink a lot of hot chocolate at my house, especially during the winter months. During the holidays, I try and make everything a little more special. This idea for hot chocolate is just one of the ways we turn up the volume on our hot chocolate during the winter months. With the recent shortage of canned whipped cream (GASP!) I thought it was the perfect time to share one of our favorite seasonal hot chocolate additions!
Instead of tossing out all of those candy canes from the holiday, repurpose them this week in your hot chocolate. It’s a fun thing to do with the kids and this recipe comes together in a snap. If you have company, this is a simple and memorable way to present hot chocolate. A tray loaded with mugs of hot chocolate with these adorable chocolate dipped candy canes is always a hit!
- 1 cup chocolate melting disks
- 12 small candy canes
- 12 large marshmallows
- ½ cup crushed peppermint
- serve with mugs of hot chocolate
- Insert candy cane into top of marshmallow. Repeat with all 12.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip marshmallow half way into chocolate. Shake off excess.
- Dip chocolate covered marshmallow (while still wet) into crushed peppermint.
- Allow to dry on parchment paper.
- Hook candy cane on side of hot chocolate.