My family is crazy about these Chili Lime Fajitas!
If you are looking for a new dinner that makes everyone happy, the search is over! These Chili Lime Fajitas are a winner! This dinner is not only big on flavor it’s easy enough on the home chef for a weeknight dinner. I marinade the beef the night before, prep my veggies, load up on sides, and cook it when I’m ready to serve. I offer this dinner buffet style and the kids love the do-it-yourself situation.
The beef hangs out in a marinade of spices and lime overnight and you end up with the most succulent, delicious meat on the planet. I cook off the beef in a skillet, add my peppers and onions, and warm up my flour tortillas. The meat is to-die-for good and I just love the slight crunch from the colorful peppers and onion. It’s pretty much your basic fajita bliss.
These fajitas are wonderful as is but because I can’t leave well enough alone, I create a toppings bar and let everyone create their own. I serve with warm flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, and colorful lime wedges for an extra squeeze of citrus at the end. It’s not only a great make ahead dinner, it’s a gorgeous presentation!
This is perfect with my Mexican Rice.
- 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds skirt steak thinly sliced, against the grain, into fajita strips
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine juice from limes, chili powder, cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Toss with skirt steak and marinate overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade.
- Over medium high heat, heat 2 teaspoons olive.
- Add half of the meat to the pan, allow to brown on one side about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook other side until done about 1-2 minutes, depending on thickness of meat. Remove from pan.
- Repeat with second half of the meat. Remove meat from pan.
- Carefully wipe down pan.*
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan over medium high heat. Add sliced bell peppers and onions. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook about 5 minutes until slightly softened.