One of my favorite treats in the entire world is a Rice Krispie Treat. There are some flavors that bring me right back to my childhood and this classic treat is one of them. When you hit the sweet spot of that perfect ratio of chewy marshmallow to crispy cereal, it’s a bite of pure bliss.
I’ve been eating Rice Krispie Treats for most of my life. As a child, it’s one of the first recipes I made on my own. To this day, it is still one of my favorite go-to desserts. This simple 3-ingredient treat has comforted me, celebrated small victories, and made countless appearances on the soccer field. It’s one of those sure thing recipes that when executed perfectly is a slam dunk.
The only thing better than a Rice Krispie Treat is a Rice Krispie Treat covered in white chocolate. These adorable mummies are so easy to make and a show stopper of a Halloween treat. They are so much fun to do as an activity with the kids and an adorable treat for your child’s classroom Halloween party. This year, I’m headed down the street to a neighbor’s annual Halloween party and these treats will be my hostess gift.
Check out this amazing recipe for Rice Krispie Treat Mummies!
Find edible candy eye balls here.
- Make Rice Krispie Treats. Cool completely.
- Line half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Once cool, cut Rice Krispie Treats into 2½" x 1½" pieces. Set aside.
- Melt one bag of white chocolate chips per package directions until smooth.
- Dip Rice Krispie Treat into melted white chocolate to coat front and sides of treat.
- Place dipped Rice Krispies Treat on prepared half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Carefully place two candy eyeballs on white chocolate dipped treat.
- Repeat with rest of treats. Melt more white chocolate as needed but reserve at least half of a bag of chips to create the wrap look of the mummy.
- Transfer half sheet pan of white chocolate dipped treats with eyes to refrigerator to cool, set, and harden.
- Melt half of a bag of white chocolate chips per package instructions.
- To pipe the wrap effect, fill small zip lock bag with melted white chocolate. Use a scissors to snip off a very small corner of the zip lock bag to create a narrow piping hole.
- Pipe white chocolate over dipped treat in random pattern to create the wrap of the mummy.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.