I’m all about the WOW factor in a treat and these Chocolate Dipped Oreos totally deliver. Everyone loves Oreo cookies. Dipping them in chocolate with a layer of colorful sprinkles take this treat to another level. Chocolate Dipped Oreos are a fun project to do with the kids, totally delicious, and make an adorable gift for any occasion
If you are making these for gifts, think about changing up the sprinkles for the holiday. You can use red and pink for Valentine’s Day, green and red for Christmas, and green for St. Patrick’s Day. You might also want to shop the cookie aisle to see what fun Oreo flavors they have in stock. My grocery store offers seasonal options like pumpkin spice, red velvet, and birthday cake. The combinations of Oreos and sprinkles are endless!
One of the most important things I learned in culinary school is that we eat with our eyes first. I always want my finished product to be beautiful and appealing to the eye. There are easy tricks you can learn to take your skills up a notch and sometimes, it just means learning a few PRO TIPS. Here are my best tips to make your Chocolate Dipped Oreos look professionally done and bakery-ready!
1) Use a Candy Mold for professional result.
2) Use a single layer of sprinkles.
3) When you place your Oreo on top of the first layer of chocolate, you want the Oreo level with the top of the Oreo mold. If it is sticking out over the top, you won’t get that even, flat bottom finish.
4) No need for a piping bag. You can use a Ziplock sandwich bag. Simply fill the sandwich bag with melted chocolate, seal it, and snip off a tiny corner. Makeshift piping bag ready to go!
Find Oreo Cookie Mold here.
- White Chocolate chips or chocolate candy disc melts
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: PLAIN COOKIE CHOCOLATE CANDY MOLD
- Melt about 1 cup of white chocolate in 20 second increments. Stir between each heating until chocolate is smooth.
- Spread sprinkles in an even layer on bottom of each mold.
- Pour melted chocolate into small zip lock sandwich bag. Seal. Snip one tiny corner of bag.
- Pipe white chocolate in an even thin layer into bottom of mold covering sprinkles.
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- Once set, place Oreo in center of mold.
- Melt 1-2 cups chocolate using same method and fill new zip lock bag. Snip tiny corner for piping.
- Carefully pipe chocolate down sides of mold and across the top of cookie to cover Oreo.
- Gently jiggle/shake tray to even out chocolate.
- Allow to set. Pop cookies out of mold.
Spread sprinkles in even layer.
Use thin layer of chocolate to cover sprinkles.
Very important that when you place your Oreo on top of the first layer of chocolate, you don't want the Oreo higher than the mold. You want it level with the mold so that you get a flat, even finish with final layer of chocolate.